There is a wide choice of accommodation near the conference location at 2201 G Street NW near the Foggy Bottom Metro Station. University accommodation is not available at the time of our conference. However, early booking can lead to very reasonable prices, as can last minute booking. The ASC does not make recommendations. However, the ISSS has negotiated a special rate, which is also offered to us, at:
- the Best Western Georgetown Hotel & Suites (★★★★★) – within walking distance (1121 New Hampshire Ave. NW, Washington, D.C. 20037). The BEST WESTERN Georgetown Hotel & Suites Rooms are still available as of June 14 and is offering the special rates below for ISSS and ASC. These rates are NOT available on the website and you cannot use the online booking system. If you choose this hotel please call their Registration office at (202) 457-0565. When you call the hotel, use the code ISSS when making your booking. You can also contact them on email at: email@example.com. Rates are:
- Single Queen Bedroom Suite Net (1-2 guests) : $149.00 per night (includes complimentary breakfast)
- King or Double-Queen Bedroom Suite Net Rate (1-2 guests): $149.00 per night (includes complimentary breakfast)
- King or Double-Queen Bedroom Suite Net Rate (3-4 guests): $169.00-$179.00 per night (includes complimentary breakfast)
Some other nearby hotels include:
- the HI-Washington DC Hostel (★★★★★) – dormitory or private rooms, shared bathrooms
- the Best Western Rosslyn/Iwo Jima (★★★★★) – just over the river but on a direct subway line
- the Hotel Harrington (★★★★★) – 8 to 9 blocks away, but it is a scenic walk
- the State Plaza Hotel (★★★★★) – within walking distance
- the GWU Inn (★★★★★) – within walking distance
- the River Inn (★★★★★ – within walking distance
- the Lombardy Hotel (★★★★★) – within walking distance
There are many more hotels just a few blocks away from the Foggy Bottom Campus.
Often, airlines, Amtrak and Greyhound have bargain packages including accommodation. August is a busy time of year for tourists, so early bookings are advisable.